Please note: this page will be updated regularly as we receive new information.
Last update: October 11, 2021
Please make sure to have valid passport when travelling to United Kingdom.
From Friday, October 1, 2021, most European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) and Swiss citizens need a valid passport to enter the UK as the government stops accepting national identity (ID) cards as a travel document.
Source: click here
England is relaxing their rules for international travel, the travel advice, including quarantine rules and exclusions, are reviewed and updated regularly.
- Clear travel system: red list and rest of world, only 7 countries are listed red (Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Haiti, Panama, Peru, Venezuela)
- Simpler, cheaper rules for fully vaccinated travelers coming from non-red list countries:
- No longer need to take pre-departure tests
- Fully vaccinated passengers will be able to replace day 2 PCR tests with cheaper lateral flow tests – from the end of October.
- Complete a passenger locator form.
We strongly encourage the conference participants to check the government website for the latest and most accurate information about travelling to England and current quarantine exceptions.
- The rules for international travel to England are down from to a single red list of countries and simplified travel measures for arrivals from the rest of the world (read more).
- List of countries with approved COVID-19 vaccination programmes and proof of vaccination: please click here.
- If you need to book and pay a Day 2 test we are recommending you go to Collinson who is located in every London airports as you can already do your Day 2 test upon your arrival.
A framework for hosting the Conference in a safe environment.
In the interests of the health & safety of all attendees, event personnel, and the broader community, the conference venue (ExCeL) and EACS apply safe measures:
- Entrance for fully vaccinated (Pfizer / Moderna / Astrazeneca / Janssen) or negative test within the last 48 hours before entry
- Face mask (surgical ones) in all conference areas
- Social distancing in the session rooms
- Hand sanitizers available in all common areas
- Robust cleaning regimes
- Improved fresh air circulation in line with latest CIBSE (Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers) guidance and recommendations