Call for abstracts, clinical cases
All abstracts and clinical cases accepted for the Conference will be presented as oral or ePoster presentations.
New this year: ePosters exchange!
Pre-arranged face-to-face meetings, the registered participants meet the presenting authors during the Conference.
Please note that every deadline is until 23:59 (CEST) of the same day.
Accepted abstracts will be published on 1 December 2023 (World AIDS Day) in the online HIV Medicine abstract book supplement, the well-respected scientific journal for HIV clinicians worldwide.
The HIV Medicine journal impact factor is 3.094.
As long as the abstract has not been submitted, it remains in "draft" status, which means modifications can be made until the abstract submission deadline.
Presenting authors should register upon submitting their abstract.
A confirmation of your submission will be sent to the corresponding author’s email address.
- If you do not receive the confirmation email, please contact the Conference Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Presenting authors should register upon submitting their abstract.
- Registration must be completed at the latest upon confirmation that the abstract has been accepted as an oral or ePoster presentation.
- Invited speakers are not required to submit abstracts for the lectures they are invited to.
- Notifications for all abstracts and clinical cases will be sent out, by email, mid-September.
We strongly encourage anyone who submits an abstract or clinical case to use people first language.
Abstract/Clinical case body
- The abstract must be submitted in English only;
- The text should not exceed 300 words (excluding abstract title and authors);
- The text of the abstract should briefly state:
- Purpose (indicate the purpose of the study or the hypothesis that was tested);
- Methods (include the setting for the study, the subjects, the diagnosis or intervention and the type of statistical analysis; if references are needed, they should be given in the text);
- Results (present as clearly as possible the outcome of the study and statistical significance if appropriate);
- Conclusion (briefly discuss the data and emphasize the significance of the results).
Graphics and tables
A maximum of 2 graphics and 2 tables can be uploaded or included in the abstract.
These will not add to the word count.
- Straight encore submissions without new data will not be accepted;
- Encores with additional new data will be considered.
Registration to the Conference
Registration must be completed at the latest 10 days upon confirmation that the abstract has been accepted as an oral or ePoster presentation.
Submit your abstract(s)
The regular abstract submission is online and closes on 30 June 2023 (23:59 CEST).
To submit your regular abstract, pleaseclick here.
The regular clinical case submission is online and closes on 16 August 2023 (23:59 CEST).
To submit your regular clinical case, pleaseclick here.
Should you have any questions, please contact:
EACS Conference Secretariat
c/o K.I.T. Group GmbH
Association & Conference Management
Tel: +49 30 246 03-408
Preparing your abstract?
Visit the EACS Resource Libary, your knowledge hub, and access on-demand webinars, past conference videos, slides to enhance your work.