Hosting city and conference venue
In 2003, the first EACS Conference in Central Europe was organised in Warsaw.
It is 20 years later, it is time to come back!
The 19th European AIDS Conference will take place at the EXPO XXI, located in the West part of the city of Warsaw, the district is called "Wola" and is just, by car, 15 minutes from the Central Railway Station and 10 minutes from the Western Railway Station.
The Wola district of Warsaw
"Wola" in Polish means willingness:
- 400 years ago, the first free elections were held here;
- The oldest cementary in Warsaw;
- Polin Museum and getto boarders;
- Museum of Warsaw Uprising.
The first Warsaw's Hospital for Infectious Diseases is at Wola:
- Founded in 1881;
- One of the first centres taking care of HIV/AIDS patients in Poland;
- The first one introducing patient centred model of care and integrated services for marginalised populations (such as OST program), STI and women living with HIV (gynecological/pediatric care);
- Currently over 4000 PLWH under care;
- Seven hospital wards provide in-patients care, including ICU and pediatrics;
- During COVID-19 pandemic the hospital was uninterruptedly providing both in-patients and out-patients care for HIV/AIDS patients irrespective of the status of lock-down.